Help (#2) - got Yahoo to WORK!! (turn off SSL) (#167) - Message List
Was trying to get Yahoo to work with the Blackberry, Gmail worked great, over Wifi, etc. Yahoo SMTP was working, but not POP. But this worked for Yahoo, after trying every setting!
Use the settings that Yahoo says. http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/mailplus/pop/pop-35.html;_ylt=ApwZ46p_VmT4g6YuOkCW5fC7myN4
I have Yahoo Plus, but, this might work without Plus!?
For incoming, just turn OFF SSL. Logicmail doesn't work with it on. So that makes it Port 110. That works!
So perhaps there is a bug in it, I used to use YahooPops, and there was no end of problems with Yahoo changing settings all the time.
Incoming mail server settings
- POP server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
- Use SSL
- Port: 995
(EDIT: CHANGE Logicmail TO NEVER and use Port 110 see if it works)
Outgoing mail server (SMTP) settings
- SMTP server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Use SSL
- Port: 465
- Use authentication
- Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID (your email address without the "@domain.com", for example, “jo.bloggs”)
- Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address (for example, jo.bloggs@…)
- Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password
If you still can’t send Yahoo! Mail from your mail program, you may be accessing the Internet through an ISP that is blocking the SMTP port. If this is the case, try setting the SMTP port number to 587 when sending email via Yahoo!'s SMTP server.
and of course, cannot get Yahoo IMAP to work, even though Yahoo says it should. http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mobile/comms/mail/imap-01.html
Yahoo also makes a mess of this stuff, always changing stuff around.BBlogic03/20/11 18:28:49 (8 years ago)
Well, I got the Yahoo mail to work over IMAP, using a WiFi connection. Just follow the settings given by Yahoo for IMAP, and it works so far! This time, Yahoo did something good, hope they keep doing it. And IMAP is way better than Pop, as stated, all the formatting stays put much better. Their info is quoted below.
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mobile/comms/mail/imap-01.html Last Updated: September 30, 2010
To set up IMAP on your mobile device please use these settings:
BBlogic03/24/11 23:00:17 (8 years ago)
- Incoming Server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Incoming Port - 993 (requires SSL)
- Outgoing Port - 465 (requires SSL/TLS)
- Username: full email address (for example, bill@… or bill@…)
- Password: the password you login to Yahoo! with.